4.02.2011

Nanaimo Bars-Truly Delicious!








So... Nanaimo bars! I, today, a sudden urge to eat them. So I checked my recipe book and all my ingredients in my kitchen. After a failed attempt to find anything on my list at Safeway, and then getting my mom to go there to get my things, I, alas, made my Nanaimo bars! They are delicious, to die for. A must-bake!

Bottom Layer:

1/4 cup margarine/butter
6 squares semi-sweet chocolate
2 egg large yolks
2 cups Oreo cookie crums/graham cracker crums
1 cup unsweetened/sweetened shredded coconut (I used unsweetened)
2 tbsp milk/cream (I used milk)

Middle Layer:

1/4 cup margarine/butter
2 cup icing sugar
1/4 cup vanilla pudding powder/custard powder  (I used pudding powder)



1/4 cup milk/cream (I used milk, once again)

Top Layer:

4 squares semi-sweet chocolate (although I ran out half-way so I used 2 semi-sweet an 2 unsweetened)
2 tbsp margarine/butter

Instructions:
  1. Bottom Layer: Mix the cookie crums and the coconut in a bowl. In another bowl, melt the 6 chocolate squares. Add in the yolks, margarine and milk/cream. Mix into the cookie crum mixture. Press into a square pan lined with parchment paper.
  2. Middle Layer: Mix icing sugar, and pudding/custard powder together. Mix in margarine and milk/cream. Pour into pan on top of the Bottom Layer and chill in the fridge.
  3. Melt remaining chocolate. Add in butter and pour on top of the Bottom and Middle Layers. Chill in your fridge for 15 minutes. After eating always return to fridge, because nothing is cooked.
- Rana :)

3 comments:

  1. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Those look sooooooo delicious! The final 2 pictures you took at an angle make them look so good! Now I'm craving them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sister actually took the last two pics, but thanks!
    - Rana :)

    ReplyDelete