12.14.2010

Christmas Apple Pie



You know the saying, "As easy as pie!", or "As easy as cake!". Well, I'm all for cake. It is so much easier than pie. For cake, mix and pour into the pan. For pie, roll out dough, put in pan, make filling, then into the oven. But, I think pie tastes better.

 Oven Tempurature: 425 C

Supplies:

A pie pan
An apple peeler
2 bowls
Spoons
Knives
Measuring cups and spoons

Ingredients:

Crust:
1 cup + 2 tsp cake and pastry flour
1/2 cup margarine (although I added about another 1/4 cup extra, which made it so much easier)
salt

Filling:

1 3/4 apples
1-2 tsp cinnamon (I used a big tablespoon full of cinnamon and it was way too strong)
1/4 cup white sugar

Method:

  1. Combine flour and salt in a bowl. Mix.
  2. Add margarine to the flour and salt and mix until blended. It should resemble large peas.
  3. If you used the extra margarine like suggested, pick out the dough and place it in the pan. Press the dough all over the pan and prick with a fork.
  4. Put the crust into the oven for 12 minutes.
  5. While the crust is baking, you shall make the filling.
  6. Peel the apples.
  7. Cut the apples into smallish pieces.
  8. Put the apples into a bowl and add cinnamon and sugar.
  9. Once the crust is done baking, add the apples ontop and bake for another 6 minutes.
  10. Take out the pie and eat!
Remember: Don't be shy to comment!

3 comments:

  1. Got me like, ooh myy gosh I’m soo in love
    I found you finallyy, you make me want to say
    Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh,
    Ohh myy gosh!
    -Usher
    I think I'm in love with this apple pie!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mika wrote exactly what I was going to write...gosh.

    Ha ha...

    This pie looks delicious! I love pies as well. Warm apple pie with vanilla ice cream is a definite winter staple ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Rana!!! :)

    Ohh my goooodnessss!!! This pie looks absolutely, utterly, OUTSTANDING!!! I will definitely make it!!! I think that you should absolutely become a chef when you are older!!! You are an amazing one right now!!! I think I'm going to have to go now though... if I look at that pie any longer, my mouth is going to be as wet as an ocean!!! :)

    ReplyDelete