12.24.2010

Chocolate Chunk Cookies


I made them a bit big, so that's why they're square... They squished eachother in the pan.




And now, a close up!


On Christmas Eve, I was especially bored. I know what you're thinking, that I should be super excited and doing Christmasey things. But, I was bored. So I got the idea to bake cookies. Since my mom had already baked Christmas cookies, why not make chocolate chunk? I hope you guys enjoy the pictures and the cookies if you decide to make them. They are a variation from my mom's 1987 Canadian Living cookbook.

Oven Temperature: 375 C

Supplies:

1 or 2 baking sheets
Measuring cups and spoons


Ingredients:

1 cup margarine
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
4 squares / 1/4 pound chocolate (I cut up some unsweetened baking chocolate


Method:
  1. Cream margarine in a bowl. Add both sugars. Mix until blended.
  2. Add eggs one at a time to the bowl and mix. Add vanilla.
  3. Next, put the flour into the bowl and mix until all is mixed in. Use you hands if necessary.
  4. Add in salt and baking soda.
  5. Next, if you need to, cut up the chocolate and mix it into the batter! Mmm...
  6. Place flattened round cookies the size of one spoonful onto the cookie sheets.
  7. Bake for 9-12 minutes!

1 comment:

  1. oulala...they look delicious! I love eating cookies that are still warm, fresh out of the oven.

    ...and to answer your comment on my blog, we are going to start the audition process as soon as we get back and get the scripts shortly after... yay!

    ReplyDelete