12.31.2010

Raspberry Sorbet

I wanted to do make something special for my blog and my family for New Year's Eve and the actual day. So I decided to make some sorbet with my new ice cream maker!


Supplies:

Ice cream maker

A hand blender or a regular blender

Measuring cups and spoons

A small pan


Ingredients:

2 cups of defrosted frozen or fresh raspberries (I suppose you could use any soft berry)

1 1/2 cups sugar

1 cup water

1 1/2 tbsp corn syrup


Method:

  1. Heat your small pan on a high heat.
  2. Pour water into the pan, then sugar and corn syrup.
  3. Stir  until it's all mixed together. Wait until it boils.
  4. Boil for around 1 min.
  5. Take it off the stove and cool completely (I suggest to scrape it into another bowl and put it into the freezer for an hour.)
  6. While you wait, IF you have a handheld blender, measure 2 cups and put them into a bowl. Blend until smooth. IF you have a regular countertop mixer, measure 2 cups of rasberries and blend unil smooth.
  7. Once the corn syrup mixture is cooled, mix the raspberries in and pour into your ice cream maker.
  8. Turn the ice cream maker on for 30 minutes.
  9. Freeze the sorbet in a bowl if you want it to be firmer.

5 comments:

  1. That looks sooooooo good Rana! My mouth salivates just looking at it! You made it look as if it was made by a pro! Well I guess it was...

    ReplyDelete
  2. ouuu...so good! We have an ice cream maker as well and it SURE comes in handy in the summer! Lime sorbet is quite good as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have tried lemon sorbet, and it's really tasty! I bet lime would be even better!
    -Rana :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rana!!! :)

    That looks absolutely AMAZING!!! It looks so good, that my mouth is watering right now! I think that my family might have to hire you as a chef!!! You're so good!!! :) :) :)

    P.s. You're welcome for the Christmas card! :)

    ReplyDelete