1.24.2011

Lemon Loaf


Fresh from the oven. Sliced and ready to eat! Mmmm...


Oven Temperature: 350F

Supplies:

Bowl
Measuring cups and spoons
Hand mixer
Loaf pan


Ingredients:

1/3 cup margarine
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp lemon zest
2 tbsp poppy seeds
1/2 cup milk


Method:

  1. Cream margarine and sugar. Add eggs.
  2. Add flour, baking powder and salt. Mix in zest, poppy seeds and milk with electric mixer.
  3. Add in milk and mix with electric mixer.
  4. Pour into pan and bake for 55-65 minutes.

5 comments:

  1. Mmmmmm....... I love that you chose to do this recipe! My mom uses the same ingredients to make mini lemon cupcakes and they're soooooo good! I can't imagine how good they are in loaf formation! I'm assuming you got this recipe out of a recipe book, if so, did you make any changes to it to make it 'Rana style'?:) Keep it up Chef!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Rana,
    Would you please stop making delicious meals and snacks? It is making me too hungry.
    Thanks,
    Mika

    No jkjkjkjk! This snack looks super super yummy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It DOES look rather yummy. I have never made lemon loaf... Maybe I will try it sometime soon. If I do, I will definitely refer back to this post for a recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rana!

    THIS LOOKS AMAZING!!!!!! Like I have said before, I will definitely HAVE to make it!!! Please come to my house and cook for me!!! You are an AMAZING chef!!! And thank-you so much for those compliments Rana!!! They were such nice compliments!!! I appreciate it so much! :D

    ReplyDelete